Signed in as:
- My Account
Signed in as:
Starting June 6, 2022
This position is a full time position, with an expectation of 40 hours/week but willing to be flexible. Work location is Knox United Church, 451 18th St. although working from other locations is possible. The animator is responsible to the Green Team of Knox United Church, with primary contacts Madelyn Robinson and Debby Dandy. The animator should be prepared to work independently and establish their own work plan on a weekly basis. Compensation for cell phone costs will be provided.
1. Conduct research into actions taken in cities identified as Sustainable Cities in Canada and other countries. This information will be compiled in a way that can be readily shared and edited.
2. Organize meetings with representatives of City of Brandon, and other relevant community members to collect information related to current climate action in Brandon and western Manitoba. This information will be compiled in a way that can be readily shared and edited.
3. Collect information from local, provincial and national climate organizations to identify actions underway to reduce contributions to GHG’s and resource extraction. This information will be compiled in a way that can be readily shared and edited.
4. Collect information from relevant academics at Brandon University, Assiniboine and Red River Colleges, University of Manitoba, and University of Winnipeg regarding climate remediation. This information will be compiled in a way that can be readily shared and edited.
5. Complete a review of relevant journals, books, and videos which can be used in community actions.
6. Document actions which could be implemented in Brandon and surrounding municipalities to reduce environmental impacts.
7. Prepare a visual representation of recommended steps that could be taken in Brandon to reduce emissions and become a more sustainable community.
8. Prepare a presentation of results of research and information collected, and present to City, Municipal, community and Green Team representatives.
9. Ensure that a video of the presentation is saved and available for future information sharing.
Copyright © 2023 Knox United Church - All Rights Reserved.