Signed in as:
- My Account
Signed in as:
Sunday morning worship can be found each Sunday at 10:30 am on our Youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkSYmhIYagMxAaqG5b0Wruw .
You can also search for, “The Knox Konnexion” on Youtube to find our channel.
The bulletins (with hymns) and announcements are posted below.
“Yet even now,” says God, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting...rend your hearts and not your clothing.” — Joel 2: 12-13
The Christian scriptures offer many images of where love, grace, forgiveness, righteousness, and healing can REALLY be found. And it is not in the “usual” places. Isn’t it as true of us today as it was of the scriptural authors? Don’t we often look for wholeness and happiness in places that offer only temporary “good feelings” and satisfaction? Lent is a wonderfully reflective time to reassess where we are searching for meaning and purpose. We’ll move through stories of Jesus to find out who offers the “real deal.”
The Knox Council took the following action at a meeting on 15 March.
* The Province of Manitoba no longer mandates proof of Covid 19 vaccinations, wearing of masks or social distancing in indoor public spaces in Manitoba;
* We believe a large percentage of the Knox Congregation to be fully vaccinated.
* Hospital capacity appears to be returning in Manitoba;
* Treatment methods for people that develop Covid 19 symptoms are now more readily available;
* Many have been impacted by the Provincial Covid restrictions of the last two years;
* The Covid virus may still be present in our community for some time;
* The Council acknowledges the divisions that have taken place in our community;
* The Council strives to keep our community safe;
[Motion] Now, therefore, be it resolved that effective immediately that proof of Covid 19 vaccinations, wearing of masks, or social distancing is no longer required to attend Knox functions, including Sunday services. [Carried]
However, the wearing of masks and social distancing is still strongly recommended at this time.
The wearing of masks, in particular, when interacting with other individuals is encouraged. Sitting at tables, sitting or standing in the pews may be of less concern. Everyone is encouraged to be respectful of the choice of others to wear or not wear a mask, as well as to social distance.
Council and the Executive will monitor this action on an ongoing basis.
If you plan to join us for any gatherings at Knox, we ask that you:
1. PREPARE YOURSELF
* As always, if you’re feeling unwell, PLEASE STAY HOME.
* Although masks are no longer required indoors, we recommend wearing one in the building.
* As you enter, you should answer our screening questions posted on the doors (i.e., do a health check).
* We recommend you sanitize your hands. (Sanitizer is available at all entrances.)
2. WHEN YOU’RE IN THE BUILDING
* Maintain physical distancing from others whenever possible.
* Follow any exiting instructions at the end of the gathering.
* On Sundays, be aware that you might end up on camera, on the live stream at any time.
We look forward to continuing to connect with you, either in person, on Zoom, or via live stream!
Knox is a progressive Christian community which seeks to walk in the path of Jesus.
While worship is temporarily suspended, visit our YouTube Channel - The Knox Konnexion. Here you can find videos about our ministry and initiatives that we are connected with in the larger community and through the United Church of Canada.
Copyright © 2023 Knox United Church - All Rights Reserved.